Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The World's Greatest...Matzo Oven?

Apparently Rabbi Aaron Winternitz, leader of Congregation Mivtzar Hatorah in Spring Valley, N.Y, has been using an old school bus as a matzo oven for Passover. For the past three years, he cranked out over 100 pounds of matzo for the holiday.

Interestingly enough, loyal reader Royal Tanenbaum (formerly of Eugene, Oregon) (who sent me the link to the story*) and the brother of the USOWK both went to Spring Valley High School. I'd talk about Spring Valley High School, but there is no Wikipedia article (but there is for Orchard Park High School). So here is the latest challenge, my loyal readers: create the Wiki page for SVHS. It would be best if you actually went to SVHS, but feel free to do your own independent research (which may or may not include a trip out to Spring Valley, NY (where you could eat some matzo with Rabbi Winternitz)).

(I was going to end with "GO QUAKERS!", but then I realized that I had absolutely no school spirit....)

*Note to loyal readers: It is the official policy of the Great Wiki Karmel to cite all articles referred to me by third party sources. Feel free to send me a link. If it lives up to the stringent standards of the Great Wiki Karmel, I may talk about it.

1 comment:

G Wolf said...

SVHS does not deserve a page. It was a garbage prison of a high school. Here is all you need to know. Prominent alumni include former NFL linebacker Seth Joyner, and model Tyson Beckford. Greg Graham and John Wallace, both of whom had a cup of coffee in the NBA, supposedly went to SVHS too, although the evidence is mixed. The school was once featured in a Snapple commercial (the one where the kid gets Snapple delivered to himself in detention; last I heard the kid was in prison). That's about it.