Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Five is good, right?

I had decided on Saturday that I would take the day off and run 7 miles on Sunday. My schedule had called for 3 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Should the Great Wiki Karmel have openly defied the wisdom of marathon training experts? Well, as it turns out, the running gods said I shouldn't have. Sunday morning, on my way back from the grocery store, I tripped and fell up my stairs (damn you, running gods, damn you indeed!). (and yes, I fell up my stairs). Do not fret, my loyal readers: I am OK. But I did bruise my knee ever so slightly and thus did not run.

So I had decided to run 7 miles yesterday. However, I am sad to inform you, my loyal readers, that I did not run the full 7 miles. I only ran 5 (PTI went to commercial and an interview with Billy Donovan was up next- I didn't want to stick around...). But it was a good 5 miles. So I am OK with that. And you should be too.

(By the way, I was just reading about PTI on Wiki. The intro/outro music played on the show is based on the song "Cut Your Hair", by our good friends Pavement. Wilbon and Kornheiser, the two hosts of the show, are bald.)

No comments: