Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Buffalo 51

One of the newest Buffalo Bills, Paul Posluszny, will be wearing a different jersey number than in college. As many of my loyal readers know, the Great Wiki Karmel's favorite number is 17 (some might say I'm obsessed with the number). (I am). Will Posluszny be wearing 17? No. But as you can guess from the title (like I've said, my loyal readers are more observant than most), his number will be 51. 17X3.

Posluszny went to Penn State. As did the official dad of Wiki Karmel (for grad school). Penn State is thus my official college football team (I'm not that into college football though). Penn State has been called "Linebacker U" and head coach Joe Paterno even tried to recruit some kid from Western Pennsylvania to play linebacker there. He probably made a good choice spurning Joe Pa'. Anyway...

Shane Conlan was a great Penn State linebacker. He was also a great Buffalo Bills linebacker (and my former neighbor in good ol' Orchard Park). Posluszny has been compared to him throughout his career so him being drafted by the Bills is quite the coincidence. Many assumed that he would choose the number 58 (as Conlan wore) but he instead went with 51. I'm assuming I had a little something to do with it. Once word of my greatness spread to Paul, he probably picked it out of respect for me. Good choice, Paul. Good choice.

Another great sportsman in Buffalo, Brian Campbell of the Buffalo Sabres, wears number 51. Brian is involved with a great charity. I will be purchasing the t-shirt shortly.

No comments: