Monday, March 19, 2007

Water World

The Great Wikikarmel is a big fan of space (and Star Wars). This news excites me. I would love to believe that we could get all "Total Recall" on Mars, but sadly I realize this will never happen (in my lifetime at least).

I'm sure all of my loyal readers have read many global warming articles over the years. And many of these articles focus specifically on the melting ice caps. I've seen maps of Antarctica like this. It shows what Antarctica would look like if all the ice melted. They note, however, that this is before the water levels rise and that the land itself might rise over a period of time as the ice won't be pushing down on it anymore.

I am issuing a challenge to you, my loyal readers. I have seen that map many times. But I have never seen the projection of what it would look like after the water and land levels adjusted. Actually, I haven't seen a projected map of the world (that I remember) after the ice caps melt. Find me one.

No comments: