Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh Avogadro

Avocado? No Avogadro (though avocados are quite delicious). The Great Wiki Karmel ran three times since my last post. On Friday, I ran 4.05 miles and Sunday 4.0 miles. But the previous Thursday, I was feeling really good. Why? Well probably because I slowed it down a bit. I had been running at 8 miles per hour. That's the speed that I would like to run the marathon at (a bit ambitious, but I think I can get there). That'll get me a 3:15 marathon. However, I'm not quite in shape enough to do that just yet. So I slowed my run down to 7 miles an hour. And what a difference it made! I was cruising along last Thursday when I looked down at the display on the treadmill. I had run 6.02 miles. So I stopped (my training program doesn't call for such a long run yet). It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was the same number as a great mathematical constant (divided by 10^23): the Mole!

This October, the Great Wiki Karmel will lead a Mole Day Celebration! Join me, my loyal readers.

No comments: